The BasX A-150 is a two channel power amplifier that offers true audiophile sound quality at an affordable price. The BasX A-150 includes a carefully chosen set of important features, including a heavy-duty power supply, high-quality Class A/B amplification, transparent audiophile-quality fault protection, a trigger input and output, and industry standard unbalanced audio inputs. Modern manufacturing techniques, and careful design and parts selection, have enabled us to deliver all of this performance and great sound quality in the BasX A-150 at a far lower price than you might imagine.
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or about fancy knobs and jewel encrusted remote controls; it’s all about playing the music. As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack. You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
While the BasX A-150 offers lots of performance, you won’t need an advanced degree to install and use it, and you won’t need to rewire your home. The BasX A-150 ships with a removable heavy-duty industry standard IEC power cable. Just plug it into an outlet, connect it to your preamp or processor and your speakers, and you’re done. Your BasX A-150 will figure out your line voltage automatically, and its speaker outputs are heavy-duty five way binding posts that accept bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs. Emotiva have used industry standard connectors, so you can upgrade the power cable or your speaker wires if you like; the BasX A-150 doesn’t really need all that fancy stuff, but it’s ready if you decide you want to add it later.
The BasX A-150 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction throughout. We expect you to enjoy your BasX A-150 for a long time – and Emotiva back that up with a full three-year warranty.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A-150 to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A-150 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- Full three-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amplifier for years to come.