Tannoy VXP 15HP… 1,600 Watt 15” PowerDual Powered Sound Reinforcement Install Speaker with Integrated Lab Gruppen IDEEA Class-D Amplification
The 1,600-Watt VXP 15HP is built around a single 380 mm (15″) PowerDual driver mounted within a compact, rugged plywood cabinet, and renowned for its exceptional performance and versatility. The latest high power-handling version of TANNOY’s exclusive point source, VXP 15HP’s constant directivity PowerDual technology and LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA Class-D amplification ensure high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. The point source driver technology allows this unique configuration to deliver exceptionally smooth beam-width characteristics resulting in an even coverage pattern aiding predictable system design. Symmetrical dispersion characteristics enhance speaker placement flexibility, allowing vertical or horizontal mounting of single or multi-cabinet arrays without any compromise in sound quality. The VXP 15HP install speaker is also ideally suited for use complimenting much larger systems, making it an excellent choice for both installed and portable applications.
Class-D – Massive Power, Perfect Sound
Equipped with a very efficient and lightweight LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA Class-D power amplifier, the VXP 15HP provides an impressive 1,600 Watts of output power in a highly portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplification makes all the difference, offering the ultimate in energy efficiency and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and large heat sinks.
The 1,600-Watt 380 mm (15″) version of TANNOY’s VXP Series exclusive point source loudspeakers, VXP 15HP’s PowerDual driver ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. The VXP 15HP install speaker delivers precise 75º dispersion for optimum coverage, exceptional forward gain plus the added benefit of improved low-mid extension from the twin driver configuration.
VXP 15HP’s trapezoidal enclosure design provides a multitude of placement options including: FOH, floor monitor, delay and stage front fill deployment, and more. A blanking plate for optional VTH pole mounting is provided for placement atop a subwoofer in small-scale portable PA applications. Mounting options include horizontal and vertical mounting yokes (available separately), an Omnimount for wall and ceiling installation, and items to facilitate pole-mounting. All hardware has been tested and certified for a greater than 5:1 safety ratio – giving installers complete peace of mind.
Finished in a hard wearing semi matt black paint, the vented and internally braced cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (3/4″) birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille. The rear panel connector plate carries a switch for selecting between full range (FR) or high pass filter (HPF) operation, and fully balanced input and link output on Neutrik XLR connectors for input and link connections to additional powered enclosures. A secure locking Neutrik powerCON connector delivers mains power to the electronics, with a selection switch for either manual (MAN) or auto (AUTO) operation. VXP 15HP install speakers are optimized for use LAKE LM Series controllers, and a full range of DSP settings to suit many configurations is available for free download at tannoy.com.
- Full range multi-purpose powered sound reinforcement install speaker for portable and installation applications
- 1,600 Watt power featuring Lab Gruppen IDEEA electronics Class-D amplification
- 15″ Dual Concentric full range driver for point source phase coherence
- Tightly controlled 75 degrees dispersion for optimum coverage and forward projection
- Ideal for FOH, floor monitor, delay and side fill applications
- Switchable full range or high pass filter operation
- Vented and internally braced plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Blanking plate for optional VTH pole mount
- Versatile mounting via optional custom designed hardware
- Fully balanced input and link output on Neutrik XLR connectors
- Neutrik powerCON for a secure locking mains power connection
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Discover more about Tannoy.