Tannoy GRF… 12″ Dual Concentric HiFi Floorstanding Speaker
PRESTIGE GR GRF
The Gold Reference GRF is a new permanent offering to the Tannoy Prestige range, introduced to meet unprecedented demand from dealers and customers to continue the limited edition GRF-90, which sold out in record time. Skilfully handcrafted in the U.K., the GRF boasts the same exceptional components as the GRF-90, utilising a 300 mm (12″) Gold Reference Dual Concentric driver, housed in a beautifully designed, oiled walnut cabinet. Music makes the world go round, and the GRF offers the ultimate audio experience!
Powerful and Articulate
The GRF’s 12″ Dual Concentric technology with its signature PepperPot WaveGuide, Alnico motor system and HF compression driver delivers a superbly dynamic overall presentation with fast, accurate bass and a fluidly open midrange. With over 90 years of engineering excellence, the Tannoy GRF driver boasts an incredible 560-Watts power handling, while offering over 95 dB efficiency.
Flawless Musical Reproduction
The crossover utilises extremely high quality components in a minimalist design that ensures the shortest possible signal path to the driver for flawless musical reproduction. Featuring Tannoy-customized capacitors, low-loss laminated core inductors and thick-film resistors. This enables the GRF to achieve unparalleled gains in resolution, and deliver a more natural, cohesive sound.
In order to minimise unwanted resonance, the birch plywood cabinetry is extensively braced internally, and the twin rear ports are engineered to reduce low frequency turbulence. Meticulous hand finishing and time-honoured traditional craftsmanship are evident in the timeless beauty of the oiled walnut veneers and cabinet detail. Gold anodised machined metal trims, intricately detailed with the nostalgic lightning strike logo complement the overall stunning appearance of the GRF.
- 2 way high-end floorstanding speaker for large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 12″ highly efficient driver with 560 Watt peak power handling delivers breath-taking dynamics and realism
- PepperPot WaveGuide powered by Tannoy Alnico magnet system enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver delivers exceptional articulation throughout the high frequency range
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture
- Specially treated crossovers featuring ICW ClarityCap capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick film resistors delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- Heavy duty electro-plated brass NextGen WBT bi-wireable binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High density birch ply cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Tannoy – 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and manufactured in the U.K.
Discover more about Tannoy.