Tannoy Canterbury GR-OW… 2 Way 15” Dual Concentric Floorstanding Speaker (Oiled Walnut)
The new 15 inch Gold Reference driver is TANNOY’s most powerful and articulate Dual to date, boasting an incredible 600 watt peak power handling and offering over 96dB efficiency in the 235 litre Canterbury GR cabinet.
The legendary 15 inch Dual has been upgraded extensively for the Gold Reference series with many of the enhancements being ‘trickle-down’ technology from TANNOY’s flagship Kingdom Royal development project. The low frequency section of the GR driver has a new fibre enriched paper pulp cone material to realise further improvements in the cone’s mechanical characteristics. The cone is terminated with a twin roll surround of impregnated fabric for improved damping characteristics. The Canterbury GR Floorstanding Speaker’s HF unit marks a significant leap forward in the technology and performance comprising a new aluminium-magnesium alloy compression driver diaphragm that has been heat treated to further improve it mechanical integrity under HF loads. The use of new Mylar surround materials offer improved damping and motor cooling, resulting in exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the HF range. Capable of high-volume listening without fatigue, the Gold Reference Dual brings even greater naturalness and presence to the TANNOY Canterbury floorstanding speaker.
- 2 way floorstanding speaker for large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 15″ highly efficient driver with 96 dB/Watt sensitivity and 600 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- PepperPot WaveGuide powered by Tannoy Alnico magnet system enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver delivers exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the high frequency range
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet with hand-selected burr walnut inlays provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture
- Capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick film resistors delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- Bi-wireable binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High density birch ply cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance
- Variable Distributed Port system allows low frequency output to be tuned to suit any room dimensions
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Precision machined gold anodised aluminium metal trims complement the aesthetic of the real wood cabinet
- Specially formulated Prestige wood wax provided to keep cabinet in pristine condition
- Tannoy – 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and manufactured in the U.K.
Discover more about Tannoy.