The BasX A-400Z is a high-current two-channel audio distribution amplifier with flexible relay-controlled output switching, and the ability to drive up to four pairs of speakers. The A-400Z is also rated to drive loads as low as 2 Ohms and is stable into loads as low as one Ohm, which makes it the ideal choice for use with difficult to drive low impedance speakers. The A-400Z is built using proven technology including our short signal path class A/B output circuitry, and a microprocessor controlled intelligent protection system. Commercial grade construction and components throughout enable the A-400Z to provide excellent sound quality and superior technical performance with outstanding reliability and amazing flexibility.
The BasX A-400Z delivers true audiophile sound quality – with an extremely low noise floor and vanishingly low distortion. Output power is 100 watts RMS/channel into 8 Ohms, 150 watts RMS/channel into 4 Ohms, and 250 watts RMS/channel into 2 Ohms. Separate sets of full-sized five-way binding posts simplify connecting up to four pairs of stereo speakers. Each set of speakers is individually relay switched, and controlled by a separate front panel push button switch. For unmatched flexibility, the BasX A-400Z also features a built-in 80 Hz high-pass filter for use with one or more subwoofers, and a rear-panel Master Volume control for matching the gain to your other gear.
Internally, the BasX A-400Z delivers two channels of high performance audio amplification. Each channel is rated to deliver full power continuously into loads as low as 2 Ohms, and is dynamically stable into loads as low as one Ohm. Four sets of full-sized speaker terminals allow you to connect up to four separate pairs of speakers, each of which is switched by its own relay, actuated by a set of convenient front-panel push buttons. The A-400Z also includes a built-in switchable 80 Hz active high-pass filter, which serves as a crossover when using the A-400Z in conjunction with a separate powered subwoofer.
The BasX A-400Z is the perfect solution for driving up to four stereo pairs of speakers in multiple zones, or for driving one or two pairs of difficult-to-drive low impedance speakers, with or without a separate subwoofer.
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or about fancy knobs and jewel encrusted remote controls; it’s all about playing the music. As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack. You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
While the BasX A-400Z offers lots of performance, you won’t need an advanced degree to install and use it, and you won’t need to rewire your home. The BasX A-400Z ships with a removable heavy-duty industry standard IEC power cable. Just plug it into an outlet, connect it to your preamp or processor and your speakers, and you’re done. Your BasX A-400Z will figure out your line voltage automatically, and its speaker outputs are heavy-duty five way binding posts that accept bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs. Each pair of speakers connected to the A-400Z can be individually switched on and off, and will remember its status when you place the A-400Z in standby. The Trigger Input and Trigger Output allow the A-400Z to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled gear, and the built-in 80 Hz high-pass active crossover simplifies configuring it to work seamlessly with a separate powered subwoofer.
The BasX A-400Z is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction throughout. We expect you to enjoy your BasX A-400Z for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A-400Z to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A-400Z is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.
Multi-Zone and High Current Capabilities
- A single set of stereo amplifier outputs are routed to up to four separate pairs of stereo speakers, each independently controlled by its own relay and front panel switch.
- Each amplifier channel is stable into loads as low as one Ohm, and is rated to continuously drive loads as low as 2 Ohms, making the A-400Z the ideal amplifier for difficult-to-drive low impedance speakers.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- A full three-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amplifier for years to come.